Wednesday, November 12, 2008

the jinxer

thank u, dani! ur the jinxer!! my son is now puking and sick!! rrgghh! poor guy. he was sick last week with a terrible, wet cough and runny nose. now today he gets a fever and runny buns and puking. i brought him back to the dr today (not HIS pedi b/c she is still on vacation!). dr said push fluids, but he doesnt have to eat. i made his favorite dinner: plain noodles with butter. he didnt want any, he tried but he just couldnt eat it. so now he is curled up in my chair with his blankets and stuffed cat asleep. i hope he only throws up the one time, or else i get to sleep in his room tonite on the air mattress. he puked all over the couch, but it was an easy clean b/c it was pure liquid since he didnt eat today. it scared him pretty good, so if he is gonna be sick all night i dont want him to be alone and scared. poor midgit. i told him the next time he needs to puke that he can puke in the toilet. he seems to think its cool so he keeps going in there, making me go with him, to show me he knows what to do. he opens the lid and bends over and says 'blagh' haha! hes silly. i hope its just a quick bug. my heart breaks when my kids are sick.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

aww, poor guy. joshua was sick last weekend. fever and puking for a few days. its just awful. i hope he feels better and that you don't get sick.

Rebekah Moore said...

well so far he's only puked the one time. he's had a little water to drink and a banana and an icepop (beepop is what he calls 'em lol). he's kept it down as of 11:30pm. i put a big barf bowl in his room just in case, and gave him a water bottle, but i think he'll be alright. he seems to be a bit pathetic and needy, but its ok. i like babying my kids. they're growing up too fast for me!

Dani said...

oh gosh! Evan didn't puke, he just pooped all over the bathroom floor. The baby puked once, and he's still pooping! but hes on antibiotics now so he'll probably keep pooping. if he has what my kids had then it will just be like a 24 hour thing, so I wouldnt worry too much. EVERYONE is getting it here in TX.

terry said...

Hmmm, i left Dani an invite for dinner on Sunday but now maybe I better reconsider. I poop enough and can't throw up or I'll blow something apart in my stomach. Does l'il Kenny like that pedialyte stuff? Maybe you should get him to drink that.